Thursday, May 2, 2013

Print Post

The first thing i had to do was look up the pictures of the animals i wanted to do as well as the backgrounds for them.. After that i drew the animal in my sketchbook. Once I completed the drawing of the animals and the background that was to be used with them i traced it onto a peice of tracing paper. From there i placed it onto another page in my sketchbook and then i traced that onto my Linolium. I then traced the linolium with sharpie and began to use an exacto knife to cut the parts that i wanted to be light blue and left the parts that i wanted white uncut. I then grabbed a paint roller and the white paint and the light blue paint and did five different prints. I didnt get the best print the first time it took me a couple trys, from this i learned practice makes perfect. I say this because it took me multiple trys to finally create a decent print.

No comments:

Post a Comment